Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Fragrant Almond Cookies



Yesterday's post on Prada Infusion d'Amonde left me craving my favorite almond cookies. The perfume has such a yummy almond smell that nothing would satisfy but a bite or three of this almondy dough and a few of these cookies. They smell nice and each bite will give you an almond burst.

Fragrant Almond Cookies


Cookies:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
1 Tablespoon water
Chopped almonds

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly. 

In a bowl mix butter, sugar, and almond extract. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the mixed dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture in large spoonfuls.

Roll small balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7 minutes. Take out slightly earlier if they start to brown at all. They should not be brown, even on the edges. Let sit on the pan until cool.

Mix the icing ingredients together. Adjust consistency if needed by adding slightly more sugar or water. Drizzle across the top of the cookies. Top with chopped almonds.

Hint: If you don't eat these immediately, refrigerate them. They are good straight out of the refrigerator.

I have gained a new admiration for the bloggers who have the beautiful food photographs. It's not easy! Trust me, these taste better than my picture looks.


2 comments :

Undina said...

I do not bake myself (well, I rarely bake myself), but I wouldn't mind testing one of these cookies :)

Cynthia said...

These are easy, Undina! Just mind the not overbaking bit, and keep them in the fridge. I have a sweet tooth so can't keep desserts around too often or I'll eat them all myself.